125 Years of Hotel Jerome: Aspen Landmark Celebrates Milestone Anniversary
Nov 15, 2014
Anniversary Offerings Include a 125-Night Winter Residency, Exclusive New Year’s Eve Package and Spirited Celebrations
ASPEN, COLO. (November 12, 2014) – One of the great hotels of the American West, Hotel Jerome, an Auberge Resort, will celebrate its 125th anniversary this winter. To mark the milestone, the legendary Aspen luxury hotel has unveiled a series of offerings that capture the hotel’s storied heritage, abiding luxury and timeless mountain character.
Hotel Jerome will offer two packages priced at $125,000, 125 Nights of Winter and Aspen Elevated, providing exclusive perks and access to experience the best of Aspen. In addition, on November 28 – exactly 125 years to the date that the hotel first opened its doors – Hotel Jerome will host a Party Like It’s 1889 celebration to officially begin the anniversary season.
Complete details of these featured anniversary offerings are outlined below although the festivities do not end here – Hotel Jerome will reveal new celebratory activities exclusively online and via social media throughout the season (hint: a cocktails-by-the-era menu at the storied J-Bar, insider tips from Aspen influencers and stylish Après-ski).
Hotel Jerome originally opened in 1889 and has since been an institution for locals and visitors from the early silver-mining days of the late-1800’s, the 1940’s when Aspen rose to fame as the ski resort for discerning travelers and the 1970’s when Hunter S. Thompson was the reigning king of J-Bar. Hotel Jerome completed an extensive renovation in December 2012 that preserved the spirit of the hotel’s heritage and added a contemporary luxury experience.
125 Nights of Winter: a ‘125-night-for-125k’ hotel residency will give visitors the opportunity to call Hotel Jerome “home” and to experience the town as their own luxury playground through weekly adventures, access to the famed Caribou Club, privileged seasonal ski passes and gear:
- 125 nights in a Junior Suite King with daily breakfast in-room or at Prospect
- Choice of one (1) weekly custom Auberge Adventure (or other local experience); for example, heli-skiing in Aspen, alpine skiing with Olympians, twilight dog sledding and cooking classes with Aspen’s culinary masterminds
- Access to Caribou Club, Aspen’s most exclusive private club
- Season ski passes and equipment rentals
- Rate based on two (2) person occupancy for 125 consecutive nights, including taxes and resort fees; guests may “move-in” anytime between November 28 and December 8, 2014
Aspen Elevated: from private round-trip air to designing a new pair of skis, the luxurious $125,000 four-night couple’s getaway will showcase the best of Aspen with a highly-customized itinerary over one of the most magical nights of the year, New Year’s Eve:
- Private air (to/from Aspen and select cities)
- Four-nights in an Executive One Bedroom Suite
- Custom skis, designed in collaboration with and fitted by Bomber Ski
- First track ski passes, private lesson, lift tickets and ski rentals for three (3) days
- Choice of one (1) custom Auberge Adventure for example, heli-skiing, alpine skiing with Olympians, twilight Aspen dog sledding and cooking classes with Aspen’s culinary masterminds
- Private couples dinner on New Year’s Eve with views of fireworks on the private terrace with access to Caribou club
- Spa day at Hotel Jerome’s Auberge Spa
- Rate based on two (2) person occupancy, including taxes and resort fees; valid December 29, 2014 to January 2, 2015
Party Like It’s 1889: Hotel Jerome will kick-off the anniversary season with a progressive cocktail party on Friday, November 28, 2014 in partnership with Aspen Peak magazine:
- Paying homage to the hotel’s rich history, the event will take guests back in time to revisit the eras that transformed the hotel and the town. Hotel Jerome will feature a menu of decade-specific signature drinks, such as J-Bar’s Aspen Crud, and Alpine-inspired bites from the hotel’s signature restaurant, Prospect. Once guests have traveled through time, they will return to present day at an after-party in the hotel’s famed ballroom
- The event will take place from 6:30 p.m. to 11 p.m and tickets are $50 per person with a portion of all the ticket costs benefit the Aspen Community Foundation and the Aspen Historical Society
- Special $188.90 room rates will be available that week, November 23-30, 2014
- Tickets to the Party Like It’s 1889 event are available online here
** Guests must call Hotel Jerome directly to book the 125 Nights of Winter and Aspen Elevated packages: (855) 331-7213. Additional information about Hotel Jerome, its legacy and the anniversary offerings, can also be found online: hoteljerome.aubergeresorts.com.
About Hotel Jerome
Located in the heart of town, the 93-room Hotel Jerome, an Auberge Resort, continues to retain its identity as one of the great hotels of the American West. In December 2012, Aspen’s legendary crown jewel, unveiled a complete redesign of the 125-year-old historic landmark featuring a new vision of luxury with contemporary accommodations and modern amenities that honor the property’s iconic mountain spirit. The new experiences include regionally-inspired culinary programs, monthly wine dinners and cooking classes as part of the Auberge Resorts Food of Place program as well as lavish seasonal Auberge Adventures, created exclusively for hotel guests providing intimate ways to explore Aspen all year long. http://hoteljerome.aubergeresorts.com/
About Auberge Resorts Collection
Auberge Resorts Collection owns and operates a portfolio of exceptional hotels, resorts, residences and private clubs under two distinct brands: Auberge Hotels and Resorts, timeless luxury properties acclaimed for their intimate, understated elegance, and VieVage Hotels and Resorts, a new take on luxury that brings together contemporary themes of design, community and wellness in a fresh, active and social environment. While Auberge nurtures the individuality of each property, all share a crafted approach to luxury that is expressed through captivating design, exceptional cuisine and spas and passionate service. Properties in the Auberge Resorts Collection include: Auberge du Soleil and Calistoga Ranch, Napa Valley, Calif.; Esperanza, Los Cabos, Mexico; Hotel Jerome, Aspen, Colo.; Malliouhana, Anguilla; The Auberge Residences at Element 52, Telluride, Colo.; Pronghorn Resort, Bend, Ore., and VieVage, Napa Valley, Calif., with several others in development. For more information about Auberge Resorts Collection, please visit http://www.aubergeresorts.com/. Follow Auberge Resorts Collection on Facebook at facebook.com/AubergeResorts and on Twitter at @AubergeResorts